Friday, March 23, 2012

The CVS Game

This weekend I had amazing success playing the CVS Game. Armed with $5 in CVS Extra Care Bucks (ECBs), several CVS coupons, a few cents off coupons and lots of good in-store deals;

I took CVS by storm and claimed victory!

People ask me all the time how to play the CVS Game and it's a bit elaborate. I suggest going over to MoneySavingMom.com to read her tutorial. That along with an established player are what got me started. Here are just a few quick tips:

Anytime you enter a CVS store scan your CVS card before you shop at the CVS Rewards Coupon Center.

photo provided by CVS Caremark

You get excellent coupons like the ones used below. I often receive 2-3 coupons at a time. Some expire the same day, that is why I suggest picking them up before you shop. 

If you don't have one already, pick up a green tag. They are $1 at the register. Every time you shop at CVS bring your own bag and earn $0.25 toward a $1 reward. This goes for prescription refills too. You can use it once per day. I have earned $13 using this method in just a few short months.

Check out all the FREE things I "bought" for $0.62 (tax):


You can still claim these deals and here's how:

Snickers Egg and/or Milky Way Bunny - priced 2/$1.50
Use $1.50/2 Mars products (AllYou Magazine)
Use $0.25/2 CVS coupon - the cashier was reluctant to do this, but in the end she gave way.
= FREE + $0.25 overage

Mitchum Advanced Deodorant - priced $1.99
Use $1/1 coupon (smartsource) 
Use $1/1 CVS coupon.
= FREE

The Jellybeans were delicious shear luck!!
Starburst original Jellybeans 14oz - priced at $2.49
Use $2.00/1 CVS coupon 
= $0.49 - overage from the Mars CVS coupon =  $0.24


I also purchased over 130 name brand "feminine hygiene" products ($10) and two Clean and Clear face washes ($6) using various in store ECB offers, previously earned ECBs and cents off coupons...

In total I spent ~ $17 on $50 in product.

Julia 1 CVS 0

No comments:

Post a Comment